I wanted something to help me in my meal planning, while eliminating the ‘Mom, what's for breakfast?', ‘Mom, what's for lunch?' and ‘Mom, what's for dinner', that I heard all the time. That is when I gained a little ‘pinspiration' from Pinterest and took some ideas that I liked, but didn't quite fit what I was looking for and created my own.
Here is how you create this DIY Menu Center:
- Purchase a cork board – I got mine for about about $15
- Decide on what color scheme you desire and go fabric hunting – You will need about 1 yard (I will share another project that I did with the left over material)
- Purchase complimentary ribbon, thumb tacks, double sided tape, two colored card stock, foam stickers (I got mine at the Dollar store in the scrapbook section), small clips and recipe cards (or use my FREE printable PDFs for subscribers)
- Print out the days of the week onto a colored card stock that goes with your color scheme, cut out the squares (set aside)
- Using thumb tacks, attach the fabric to the cork board
- Cut 3 lengths of ribbon: one for breakfast, one for lunch and one for dinner
- Use thumb tacks to put the ribbon across the board starting about 1/4 of the way down
- Using the form stickers, attach 4 of the to the corners of the letter for the days of the week
- Apply the days of the week to the second card stock color
- Attach the days of week to the top of the board using double sided tape
- Print or purchase the recipe cards or meals (this is how I do it) and then laminate them
- Using the small clips, attach the meals to your breakfast ribbon, lunch ribbon and dinner ribbon for the whole week
- I place my unused meal cards into an index card holder until I change the menu the following week. I have colored coordinated the dividers for the kinds of meals these are
If you like this DIY project for the home, you will love my DIY Chore System (notice the fabric in this project).
If you like this post, you should subscribe to my blog! In addition to gaining access for the exclusive PDFs, you will get freebies, deals and discounts as well.